Eligibility for use(TOHOKU HIGHWAY BUS TICKET)
  •   Please refer to the eligibility requirements for the TOHOKU HIGHWAY BUS TICKET below before you purchase the Exchange Voucher. Be sure that you understand these requirements before purchasing an Exchange Voucher.
  •   In the event that you are unable to receive a TICKET because you fail to meet the eligibility requirements, the Committee for TOHOKU HIGHWAY BUS TICKET, Japan Bus Online and nineteen bus companies are not liable for any charges or fees associated with your use of Buses in TOHOKU area while in TOHOKU.
  • If you are unable to receive a TICKET, you can return your Exchange Voucher to the overseas travel agency from which you purchased it for a refund. (*Fees apply.)
  • If you have any questions about the Exchange Voucher, please inquire directly them to the travel office where you made the purchase.
(1) You are a foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sight-seeing, under the entry status of "temporary visitor."
  •   Temporary Visitor entry status, according to Japanese Immigration Law, allows a stay in Japan of 15 days or 90 days for "sight-seeing, etc."
  •   If you apply for a "stay for sight-seeing" when you enter Japan, entry personnel will stamp your passport as "Temporary Visitor," as shown below.
  •   *In order to receive or use TOHOKU HIGHWAY BUS TICKET, your passport must bear this stamp or sticker.
  •   *If you use an automated gate, no stamp will be applied to your passport. Either use a manned automated gate or ask a clerk to apply the stamp to your passport.
  •   Even if you visit Japan with an Exchange Voucher, to be turned in for a TOHOKU HIGHWAY BUS TICKET, the exchange cannot be made unless you have "Temporary Visitor" status; if you enter Japan under any other official status, such as "Trainee," "Entertainer," or "Reentry Permit," you cannot change the Exchange Voucher for a TOHOKU HIGHWAY BUS TICKET. Please note that according to strict interpretation of the Japanese Immigration Law, "Temporary Visitor" status differs even from other types of stays that are also for only short time periods.
(2) You are a Japanese national living outside of Japan who meets the following conditions.
    1. who has the right of permanent residence in that country.
    2. who is married to a non-Japanese residing in a country other than Japan.
  • Note: Present the following documentation along with your Japanese passport when you purchase the Exchange Voucher and when you exchange it for a TOHOKU HIGHWAY BUS TICKET:
    Persons meeting condition (a) must provide written proof of the following:
  • Right of permanent residence*
  • That they are living in a country other than Japan
    Persons meeting condition (b) must provide written proof of the following:
  • That they are married to a foreign national
  • That they are living in a country other than Japan
  • That their spouse (a foreign national) is living outside Japan
  •   If an applicant is unable to provide written proof that he or she meets condition (a) or (b) and the clerk is unable to verify compliance using electronic data or other means, the TICKET may be denied.
  •   * Applicants' residence certificate (for stays of five or more years) is subject to verification. For details on required documents, please check with your authorized sales office or agent.